Lower School and Middle School Global Exchange
Click on the Exchange you would like to learn more about:
The objective of these exchanges is for students to gain a deeper understanding of other cultures (Spain and Uruguay), practice listening and speaking with native Spanish speakers, find pride in portraying a positive image of the United States of America, and develop transcontinental friendships with students they meet abroad. Students arrive at the other side of the exchange as more confident individuals.
Visiting students are expected to experience the normal life of your family, including the day to day activities. Often, families will plan some special nights out to entertain their visiting students or plan group gatherings. It is not expected of our host families to entertain their visiting students on a daily basis. Our way of life in the USA is quite different from that of our visiting students and thus even seemingly mundane outings such as grocery shopping my offer meaningful learning opportunities for our guests.
- Where do the children stay?
- What are the requirements for hosting students?
- Will I be expected to speak Spanish?
- How do I meet the family?
- What type of support will we have if we are hosting?
- What is the cost to send my child on this exchange?
- How do you decide who goes on the trip?
- How do I know my child is ready for this type of opportunity?