Park Tudor Parents Association
Welcome to your Park Tudor Parents Association (PTPA)! Our mission is to promote Park Tudor School, to foster communication and involvement among its families, to provide volunteers and funds to augment the school’s resources, and to contribute annually to the scholarship program of the school.
We meet our mission through the following activities:
- Plan and underwrite community-building event Fall Family Festival
- Underwrite grade-level parent socials to encourage community
- Engage speakers for PTPA general meetings
- Offer grants to faculty members to undertake curriculum initiatives and special projects
- Plan and underwrite the annual Faculty-Staff Appreciation Event
- Make scholarship awards to students in each division
- Coordinate the Scholastic Book Fair to raise funds for School Libraries
- Award support to 10 Upper School Clubs each year
See what we accomplished last year—in pictures and numbers!
Every year, our parent community participates in a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. We invite and encourage your participation at Park Tudor through the PTPA!
We have many ways to get involved, from the PTPA Board to PTPA committees (Fall Festival, Faculty/Staff Appreciation, Book Fair).
Just email the PTPA here: firstname.lastname@example.org
And please give us a sense of your interests and level of involvement!
Throughout the year, the Park Tudor Parents Association (PTPA) needs volunteers for committees and special events at the school. As the school year begins, SignUp Genius links for these volunteer opportunities will be posted here on this page.
- Fall Family Festival - This all-school event occurs in the fall. Volunteers are needed to staff various activities and help coordinate before the event.
- Dinner Theater - This event is a wonderful way to support the efforts of the Fine Arts Department. Volunteers are needed to help with set up, decorations and auction. This event will take place in March.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day - A one-day event in February. Volunteers are needed for set up, staffing the luncheon, and assisting with decorations. A great way to say thank you to our fantastic faculty and staff!
- Library - Volunteers are needed to staff al three libraries. This is a monthly time commitment, generally for 1-2 hours.
- Parent Ambassadors - Assist the Admissions Office and school community by serving as a campus tour guide at various school events for prospective families.
- School Pictures - This is a one-day commitment at the beginning of the school year. Responsibilities may include escorting classes to the room where pictures are taken and helping teachers while their class is photographed.
- Book Fair - The Book Fair occurs in May over a 5-day period. Volunteers can help one time or several over the course of the sale. Assist students and teachers in finding books to purchase, as well as set up and tear down.
- PT Challenge - This all-school event can best be described as a cross between The Amazing Race and Treasure Hunters. The PTPA needs 1-2 parents to oversee the organization of the event, as well as adults to help set up the event, staff the competition sites, and help with refreshments. The time commitment is approximately 4 hours.
- Friday Teacher Snacks - Volunteers are needed to supply snacks once a month for the Hilbert Center/Lower School, Middle School and Upper School faculty rooms.
- Lower School Volunteers - Volunteers are needed to help out with Lower School activities such as See Us In Action Days.
- Middle School Volunteers - Volunteers are needed to help in the Middle School such as working the front desk and monitoring study halls.
- Locker Shop - The Locker Shop sells school-related items such as gym uniforms, spirit wear, etc. Volunteers are needed 1-2 days per month from 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- Global Scholars Mentors - Professional adults (moms, dads, grandparents) who are willing to help Upper School students conduct research for the Global Scholars program.
- Park Tudor Archives - The Archives, located on the ground level of the Ruth Lilly Science Center, is open Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to noon. Come by for an hour or a morning and help catalog PT history. Uncomplicated instructions provided! Contact Katherine Dill or PT Archivist Debbie Everett to volunteer.
Executive Committee 2019-20
|Co-Presidents Elect||Bob Barker
|Recording Secretary||Scott Watanabe|
|Media Secretary||Catherine Boeckmann|
|Event Co-Chairs||Kimberly Beesley
|Past Presidents||Wendy Larman
|Past Treasurer||Bob Barker|