5x5 Art Salon
The annual 5x5 Art Salon began in 2013 as an art and writing exhibition celebrating the creativity of all members of the Park Tudor community: students, faculty and staff, parents, and alumni. The size limitation of 5x5 inches allows us to display hundreds of works on the bulletin boards of the Upper School hallways. Every year an optional theme is provided for inspiration. Previous years’ themes have included “By the Numbers,” “A to Z,” and “Cut It Out.” This year’s theme is “FOUND-ational.”
5x5 Art Salon 2019
Deadline for entries: Thursday, April 11, 2019. Entries may be dropped off with art teachers or with Cindy Eiteljorg in the Fine Arts Office.
- How do I enter my artwork?
- Do I need an art or writing background to enter work?
- What media can be used?
- Can I submit digital artwork?
- Can my piece be 3D (three dimensional)?
- Can I submit a metal or ceramic piece?
- I want to frame my 5x5 piece; if I supply the hanging materials can I submit the work?
- Does 5" x 5" include a border or mat, and can my piece be smaller than 5 inches square?
- Will the work be installed by media, subject or order received?
- Can I enter a 5x5 video installation?
- Will all artworks be displayed?
- Are any artworks rejected?
- What other restrictions are there for the artworks?
- Will I get my artwork back?
- What happens if my artwork is damaged?