Join us for this pioneering event exploring the most promising research around the brain and its role in improving teaching and learning in mathematics.
How does knowing about different parts of the brain affect how we teach and learn math? What teaching strategies can we develop in light of the latest brain research? What are some common 'neuromyths' in the classroom that need mythbusting? Through hands-on activities, break-out workshops, and discussions, we will be discovering how 'neuroteaching' can revolutionize our pedagogy, our view of mathematics, and even the culture of our schools.
Teachers will walk away with immediate strategies to use in their classrooms, including:
- How to design a class using the primacy-recency effect.
- How to incorporate metacognition and feedback consistently.
- How to use multiple modalities and checks for whole-class understanding when teaching a new concept.
PD Credit & Prizes:
- Earn 3 Hours of PD Credit
- Win copies of Neuroteach and other MBE Professional Development opportunities
Purchase tickets individually or with a group:
- $15/per for Individual Tickets
- $12/per for Groups of 3–5 people
- $10/per for Groups of 6 or more