Affording a Park Tudor Education
Before our students take the world stage, their lives take shape right here.
A private school education is an investment in your child's future. The extraordinary opportunities and guidance of exceptional educators at Park Tudor set the stage for lifelong learning. 100% of Park Tudor graduates are accepted to four-year colleges and universities, well-prepared to succeed.
Tuition for 2023-24:
|Jr. Kindergarten (full-day program)||$21,200|
|Sr. Kindergarten-Grade 5||$24,340|
Additional fees include lunch, books, technology fees, activity fees, field trips and after school program.
Because Park Tudor is a private school, we must charge tuition to cover our operating expenses. But tuition alone does not cover the cost of a Park Tudor education; it represents only about 70% of the school's operating budget income. Each year, generous donations to the school's Annual Fund and a draw from our endowment contribute significantly toward each student's education.
Park Tudor celebrates and recognizes the academic achievement of its students. In 2022-23, Park Tudor awarded more than $4.2 million in financial aid and merit awards to 35% of our student population. In grades 6-12 merit awards range from $500 to full tuition, with an average award of approximately $5,400.
Many families would like to provide their children with a private school education but assume they cannot afford it. Many financial aid options, including payment plans, need-based financial aid and merit scholarships, are available to help families make a Park Tudor education more affordable.
Awards are granted to families from a variety of financial backgrounds, including those who may have a high level of demonstrated need and those who may require only minimal financial assistance.
Asking about financial aid options will not hurt your child’s chances of admission to Park Tudor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your options. Park Tudor School follows the NAIS Principles of Good Practice for Financial Aid Administration.
To apply for financial aid, complete a Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) form and submit all additional documents to Park Tudor. The school code for Park Tudor is 5683. To receive priority consideration for financial aid, you must apply by the deadline.
Students applying to Upper School who wish to be considered for merit aid must apply early decision.
Oct. 15 - Upper School Early Decision application deadline
Dec. 15 - Upper School Regular Decision application deadline
Dec. 31 - Grades JK-8 application deadline
If you are a current PT family please contact email@example.com for deadlines and instructions.
After these dates, financial aid is subject to availability and the application should be submitted along with the application for admission.
Applying for Financial Aid
» You only have to complete one PFS even if you have several children applying for aid at Park Tudor or other schools that use the PFS form for financial aid. Park Tudor's school code is 5683.
» Fill in dollar amounts only on the PFS and be sure to complete each section fully.
» Use good-faith estimates for items where you may not know the exact number. Do not wait for your tax return to be complete before submitting your PFS. You may use your prior year tax information as a guideline, but give consideration to any changes in income that may have occurred during the year.
» IRS Form 4506-T may be obtained directly from the IRS website. Please complete sections 1-4 and sign the bottom.
» In the case of parents who are separated or divorced, Park Tudor requires that both custodial and non-custodial households complete a PFS.
» Awards are communicated with the acceptance packet for new students. Financial aid awards are not determined until a student is accepted to Park Tudor. For returning students, tentative awards are communicated in mid-March.
» Call SSS Customer Service at (800) 344-8328 with any questions related to completing your PFS. (M-F: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. ET, Sat: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ET)
» Please direct questions regarding the Park Tudor financial aid process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients of all merit scholarships are expected to maintain at least a B average, earn passing grades in all courses, maintain a good disciplinary record, and be engaged in the life of the school. Awards are renewable for the succeeding academic years, subject to the requirements listed.
Incoming 9th grade students wishing to be considered for merit aid must apply early decision. There is no separate application required for merit aid consideration.
- Appleseed Academic Honor Scholarships – Diversity, equity and inclusion is important to Park Tudor and this scholarship supports our commitment to a diverse student body. This award may cover up to 100% of demonstrated financial need of a new student grades 6-12. Recipients also receive a stipend equal to 10% of their tuition to be used toward other school-related fees.
- Center for Leadership Development Awards – CLD Scholarships are granted to students entering Park Tudor who have completed one of the many programs that the Center for Leadership Development offers to middle and high school students. The awards may be granted to students entering the school for the first time or to students who are already enrolled at Park Tudor. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, good citizenship, and demonstrated (or potential for) significant contribution to multiple aspects of the life and activities of the school. This scholarship is equivalent to the amount of 50 percent of the annual Upper School tuition.
- Irsay Family Impact Award – This 4-year, full-tuition scholarship was established by the Irsay family, graduates of Park Tudor, to provide deserving 9th grade students of color access to a Park Tudor education.
- The Thomasson Scholars Award – This full-tuition scholarship is granted to an incoming freshman based on academic ability, with strong preference given to students matriculating from The Oaks Academy. Thomasson Scholars are students of high character who will contribute their time and talents broadly to the Park Tudor community.
- Freshman Honor and Park Tudor Honor Scholarships – Students entering 9th grade who demonstrate outstanding academic performance may be eligible for the Freshman Honor or Park Tudor Honor Scholarship. These scholarships cover anywhere from 15% - 50% of a student’s tuition costs.