Play drives learning in Park Tudor's pre-k Junior Kindergarten. Your child's day will have many activities that expand her knowledge, encourage physical activity, grow her creativity, and build on her self-confidence and compassion for others.
Hallmarks of Park Tudor's JK:
- Variety of educational opportunities encouraging self-expression, communication, logical thinking and problem solving.
- Time to think, question, experiment, collaborate and reflect on discoveries.
- Ability to discover and celebrate students’ complex and rich identities, and to see themselves reflected in the classroom environment.
- Multiple forms of expression are honored: Art, conversation, early writing, dramatic play, music, dance and construction.
- Active partnership with parents and caregivers to support engagement and learning.
- Importance of play for learning.
- Hands-on experiences with materials in the environment.
- Curriculum designed to support student development (Social-Emotional, Cognitive, Language, Physical, Creative Expression and Approaches to Learning) through process-oriented discovery and exploration.
Read more about Play, Choice, and Downtime from the Junior Kindergarten Team on PARK TUDOR's 360 Blog