Park Tudor is currently seeking a second shift Security Guard. This is a full-time, non-exempt, twelve-month position with working hours that are roughly 2:00 PM through 10:00 PM. This position reports to the Director of Safety and Security and is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the school campus.
Essential functions include the following. These types of skills are both skilled and unskilled in nature such as:
- Assist with traffic departing campus
- Oversee the gymnasium, particularly in the prime-time period, to ensure safety in the building
- Ensure evening rentals are arriving and departing on time and that there is a clear point-person when and if questions arise; ensure that visitors and others are respectful to all persons and property in the gymnasiums and on the fields
- Perform checks of all parking facilities and buildings on campus
- Consult nightly schedule of teams returning to campus and ensure the safety of those returning; make it a priority to be present when they arrive
- Interact with guests on campus, including employees, visitors, and the general public
- Maintain a highly visible presence
- Assist those needing directions or information
- Assume a flexible approach to job responsibilities and hours—things may change during school year and summer school
- Develop a relationship with the Meridian Hills/Williams Creek police that are housed on campus in Foster Hall
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma/GED is required.
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant security related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is desired: security and fire inspection procedures, alarm systems and management of those systems, which will be covered during training.
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Attain good skills in observation and decision making
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills and also be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, climb, and carry up to 75 pounds
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff, students, parents and visitors
- Must be able to work schedules necessary to maintain property and accommodate school functions all year round, including work on a rotating Saturday schedule
- Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
- Ability to perform other non-grounds related maintenance tasks as assigned
- A valid Indiana driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug screen at the time of employment and throughout employment
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com and complete the online job application.
Posted December 10, 2018