Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that takes pride in upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness Respect Responsibility
Park Tudor is currently seeking an Academic Coach for the 2019-2020 school year. This position is a full-time, 10-month position and under the direction of the Director of Student Learning Services. The Academic Coach is responsible for providing specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with learning plans and evaluates/assesses student progress against instructional objectives in both the Middle and Upper School.
The Academic Coach has accredited training/licensing in differentiated learning styles associated with students with learning differences and, therefore, has a holistic sense of a student’s learning needs and profile. This position is directly involved in 1) differentiating within and between the varied curricula offered by the Middle and Upper Schools through providing direct instruction; 2) assisting students in the development of effective executive functioning skills by providing tools to foster self-management; and 3) integrating academic support by communicating with the student’s classroom teachers in coordination with the Student Support Team.
Essential functions include the following.
· Provides reinforcement and remediation of classroom instruction
· Assists students in the development of effective executive functioning skills by providing tools to foster self-management
· Meets with classroom teachers and tutors to discuss students, collaborates with the division school psychologist to secure needed services for students, and communicates goals and expectations with everyone involved
· Advises, educates, and supports teachers, parents, and other education professionals
· Attends divisional Student Support Team meetings
· Shares responsibility in designing, planning, and implementing educational opportunities on various topics for parents, teachers, and others involved with the education of students
· Consults about and observes students when requested
· Collaborates with the each division’s Student Support Team to create, monitor, and adapt positive behavior modification plans
· Initiates communication with families to inform student goals and progress
· Documents student support process in collaboration with team
· Establishes long and short-term goals with students and monitors progress
· Proctors upper school extended time tests and final exams, as needed
· Establishes and maintains a positive presence in the lives of Middle and Upper School students
· Responds to all communications from parents, students, teachers, and administrators in a timely manner, usually within 24 business hours
· Engage in the school community at large
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Learning Services
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Special Education or related field preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience. Independent schools preferred.
- Successful track record of collaboration and building and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues
· Strong understanding of neuroscience and a variety of learning styles
· Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks/ projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
· Ability to assess situations accurately for the function of good decision-making
· Passion for teaching students
· Must be proficient in core technological competencies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
· Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
- Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting the School’s mission, vision, and values
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply online at www.parktudor.org/about/employment by completing the online application and uploading their resume and references.