Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Consider a Career at Park Tudor
While there is no single formula for exceptional educators, great teaching at Park Tudor is founded on teachers who:
- Set clear and high standards for their students and who empower them to be independent and critical thinkers
- Are approachable, encouraging and foster genuine personal relationships with their students
- Are passionate about their work, are good role models, and enjoy working with young people inside and outside the classroom
- Are respectful of students and create a safe and caring classroom environment
- Are knowledgeable about their craft and their subject matter
- Are flexible in their approach and differentiate effectively in the classroom
- Are creative and employ a variety of methods to teach well
- Are lifelong learners who embrace new information, technologies and approaches to teaching
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues and parents
- Are collaborative and embrace opportunities to work with colleagues
- Are committed to the entire Park Tudor community and accountable for its results
- Why Teach at Park Tudor? Park Tudor School is a close-knit community with small class sizes, which makes it uniquely capable of providing students with individualized attention.
- Teachers know and care about their students and work to build relationships that encourage students to achieve their full potential.
- Teachers provide students with hands-on learning opportunities and encourage classroom discussions, teamwork and socialization with others.
- Independent private schools like Park Tudor encourage teachers to be creative and flexible. With more autonomy in the classroom, teachers are able to construct unique learning experiences for their students.
Park Tudor School offers a competitive compensation and benefit program, including:
- Health, prescription drug, vision and dental insurance
- Health care/dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Paid time off
- Professional development funds
- Group and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (TIAA-CREF 403b)
- Employee assistance program
Park Tudor is committed to professional development and budgets significant funds for this purpose. Opportunities include:
- Local and national conferences, workshops and classes to learn new skills and generate new ideas
- Laptop computer program
- Grants for graduate school and summer study
- A faculty award program, which provides grants to develop curriculum and to recognize outstanding work
- Park Tudor is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.