Today's guest on the 360 Podcast is Dr. Lori Desautels, Assistant Professor of Education at Butler University.
In this episode, we talk with Lori about mental health for both children and adults when it comes to learning and teaching, and how an understanding of neuroscience can help us better communicate.
In this episode:
- We are in a mental health crisis with our children and adolescents.
- All behavior is communication.
- Anxiety has become our nation's new learning disability.
- Brain research is supporting best practice in the classroom.
- We assume that if a child is not looking at you or pacing, they are not paying attention ... Some kids need to pace to learn.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Connect with today's guest
Dr. Lori Desautels, Assistant Professor of Education at Butler University