Today's guest on the 360 Podcast is Glenn Whitman, co-author of Neuroteach: Brain Science and the Future of Education and director of the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning at St. Andrew's Episcopal School in Maryland.
In today's episode, Part 2 of our discussion with Glenn, you're going to hear research-backed tips for teachers and parents to help kids learn in effective ways. Park Tudor's faculty read Neuroteach in the summer of 2018 and it has sparked important discussion about how teachers can use knowledge of how the brain works in order to maximize learning.
In This Episode
- What 10% of your teaching can you change every year that is informed by research?
- Most teachers end class poorly. How can you end class on a high note?
- The great differentiator for success is having high quality teachers in front of students.
- Parents can help kids by getting the cell phone out of the bedroom at night.
- Kids are going into a world where they are going to have to constantly relearn.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Connect with today's guest
Glenn Whitman, co-author of Neuroteach: Brain Science and the Future of Education