Reunion Island Exchange
Park Tudor’s exchange program with La Salle Maison Blanche School in Reunion Island (France) is designed to give students in the Upper School an opportunity to forge friendships with French-speaking students by hosting them here in Indianapolis and traveling to Reunion Island to be hosted by them.
Each October, for approximately two weeks, Park Tudor hosts a dozen students and their chaperones. During that time, they experience life in an American family, visit classes at Park Tudor, experience our cafeteria (always a big hit!), and go on several organized tours, including visits to Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. They also visit a farm where they complete a corn maze, go on a hayride, and choose their own pumpkins, which they then carve. PT families provide other opportunities for cultural enrichment so that by the end of the students’ stay, they will have tasted midwestern hospitality and take home with them memories that last a lifetime.
In June, it’s Park Tudor’s turn to visit Reunion. Reunion is a French overseas state in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of Madagascar. Here are some “fast facts” about the trip:
A full immersion experience that includes:
- Staying with a host family.
- Visiting classes at their school.
- Taking tours of island highlights that include volcanoes, museums, religious sites, and open air markets.
- Spending time at the beach.
- Tasting local cuisine.
During the first three weeks in June.
- Currently enrolled French students who have hosted or plan to host a Reunionese student and who want to improve their French and knowledge of French culture.
- Students interested in French language and culture who don’t know any French.
- Students who like adventure travel and exploring biodiversity.
- Students who are curious about life in the southern hemisphere.
- Students who want to have a trip that’s FUN and challenging.
- It’s a FUN trip that offers a unique experience.
- It’s a way to meet native French speakers and potentially become lifelong friends with them.
- It will change each student’s perspective, guaranteed.
- It will help students learn more about themselves, France, French, the world far beyond Park Tudor, and their fellow travelers.