Warmer days, outside activities, and abundant sunshine lasting well into the evening can be a powerful magnet that draws students away from the routine of keeping up with school studies. Students may lose focus and motivation to finish the year on a strong note as they feel the draw of the beautiful springtime. Often, spring break provides a vivid reminder of the "good life" where homework does not exist! How may parents help their children maintain momentum to stay on track with academics? The links below provide several suggestions applicable to multiple ages, which may be of help:
- "Spring Fever" article from education.com
- Help Kids with Focus Issues Battle Spring Fever
- How to Help Your Child Avoid Spring Fever
- Cures for Kids' Spring Fever (This link offers suggestions for young children still in the home.)
- How to Keep Kids Focused When Spring Fever Hits
- Spring Fever Rx
No matter what approach parents take to help children keep their eyes on the finish line, just being there to acknowledge the feeling of spring fever and offer support can make a world of difference during the final weeks of the school year. Happy spring!