Schedule & iBlock
With a 2-week (10 class days) rotation, the schedule offers students the same classes – at the same time – each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On those days, there are eight 45-minute periods, and the school day ends at 3:15 p.m., followed by Flex Block (an opportunity to meet with faculty or clubs) from 3:20-3:50 p.m.
On Wednesdays, students have four 70-minute classes, along with time for advisory. Wednesday also includes iBlock from 2:50-3:50 p.m., which offers students a chance to dive deeply into an area of interest or pursue a passion.
The school day begins at 7:55 a.m. each day with the opportunity for homeroom/advisor meetings.
What is iBlock?
Unique to Park Tudor, iBlock is an opportunity for students in grades 6-12 to take a variety of unique classes on Wednesday afternoons. Some of the iBlock options will be interdisciplinary, co-taught by Park Tudor faculty from multiple departments.
Offerings include semester-long or year-long options. For both Upper and Middle School, iBlock classes are elective and non-credited. Students who take iBlock classes have the chance to try something new or pursue a lifelong passion.
We are looking for parents, alumni, faculty and Indianapolis community members to teach iBlock classes! If you have a passion or expertise that you would like to share with our students, submit a proposal for iBlock. All that is required is your knowledge and an hour of your time on Wednesday afternoons.
Upper School iBlock Courses 2016-17
- Cabaret on the Global Stage
- Changemaker Workshop
- Climate Recovery Project
- College Application Preparation
- Commercial Drones & Aerial Photography
- Cyber Defense Team
- Dabbling in Social Dance
- The Game of Life
- Installation Art with Visiting Artists
- Jazz Band
- Journalism & Photojournalism
- Legacy Initiative & History Methods
- Life Drawing Intensive
- Marketing to Make a Better World
- MIT-Supported Entrepreneur Teams
- Park Tudor TV
- Politics & Current Events
- PT Forensics Team
- PT Young Investor Experience
- The Road to Santiago: Planning Your Pilgrimage
- School of the Future: A Micro-Innovation Series
- Student Diversity Leadership Development
- You Do the Biology
Middle School iBlock Courses 2016-17
- Conversational Spanish
- Greek Myth
- Intramural Basketball
- It's All in Your Mind
- Jazz Band
- Math Art
- Messing Maps
- Open Art
- Outdoor Activities
- Project Global
- PT Promos
- Sign Language
- Urban Gardening/Science Olympiad
- VEX Robotics
- Vocal Music