Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
The Director of Development is a full-time, 12-month, administrative position reporting to the Head of School. The Director of Development is responsive to all constituencies of Park Tudor in an effort to increase financial support for the School. The Director of Development maintains strong relationships with the School’s community and the wider community to create the strategy and marketing plan for all fundraising campaigns.
Major Functions & Responsibilities:
Essential functions include the following.
- Be visible in and around the school and the community, appropriately representing Park Tudor School.
- Steward donors by cultivating relationships and providing regular reporting back on major gifts.
- Educate potential donors on planned giving, matching gifts, gifts of securities, and all other types of giving.
- Manage and support the Development Committee in its monthly meetings and activities.
- Solicit gifts of all sizes to support the School.
- Research and identify existing and new donors.
- Manage, develop, and evaluate members of the development team. Assign responsibilities to obtain maximum efficiency and effectiveness from the department.
- Lead the entire Development staff as well as many volunteers in planning and executing major school events including, but not limited to, Dinner Theatre dinner and auction, Alumni Weekend, other Alumni events, and Grandparents Day.
- Create and distribute the Annual Report.
- Coordinate with the Business Office and the applicable Development staff in processing and acknowledging all gifts. Oversee the maintenance of donor records.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of School.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to lead, motivate, collaborate with and manage individuals and groups as follows:
- Proven track record of creatively building and leading successful teams, and improving the effectiveness of an organization.
- Ability to delegate authority to motivate and empower others while holding them accountable for the accomplishment of objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers and boards, senior administrators and faculty on a collegial basis.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cultivate new sources of major gifts and institutional grants, and to maintain and develop current relationships, including stewarding major donors.
- Strong technical ability as follows:
- Significant professional experience that demonstrates success and increased responsibilities in leadership and management.
- Proven track record creating and leading a comprehensive development program, including annual giving, major gift and capital giving programs ($25 million plus), volunteer support, and solicitation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Thorough understanding of the current trends in development, alumni and community relations and the issues facing independent schools.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising-related activities including donor records and gift receipts.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Other qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience as Director of Development preferred
- Background in independent schools preferred
- Knowledge of Senior Systems Alumni Development preferred
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Extensive professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com and complete the online job application.
Posted October 18, 2017
Park Tudor School is seeking applicants for a Coed Middle School Head Swimming Coach effective immediately for the 2017-18 school year. Normal practice times are from 3:00 – 4:15 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. The team will participate in around six meets both home and away on weeknights and on one Saturday. The season runs from January 8 until mid-March.
The list outlined below describes the basic responsibilities of the position.
- Model and support Park Tudor’s mission, vision, and values.
- Use sound, proven methods of coaching and display knowledge and innovation of sport.
- Comply with all applicable rules of the sport set forth by the IHSAA and NFHS including coaching techniques, game operations, and eligibility, compliance, and rule interpretations.
- Exhibit ethical conduct and appearance before, during, and after practice/contests.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Park Tudor Athletic Department.
- Create relationships with other Park Tudor coaches to help cultivate multi-sport athletes.
- Work with high school staff to align the swimming program.
- Work with school staff to encourage and monitor students’ academic development and performance.
- Swim coaching experience
- Strong communication, management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Cultural competence in all areas
Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online job application no later than November 30, 2017. Questions regarding the position and opportunity should be directed to Drew Bogan, Director of Middle School Athletics, at email@example.com.
Posted November 15, 2017
Park Tudor School is currently seeking a Locker Shop Coordinator in the school’s spirit store. This is a part-time position with work hours from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with occasional work hours during evening events (approx. 6 times per year). This position runs from early August through the end of May, with extra hours required at the beginning of the school year to prepare for opening.
- Managing the day-to-day operations and sales
- Completing sales transactions via computer sales program
- Balancing sales at the end of each day
- Stocking shelves and maintaining the store appearance
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Directing and managing volunteers
- Adding new products to inventory, printing price tags, and tagging merchandise
- Monitoring inventory, and providing appropriate notification for reorders
- Completing annual inventory
- Other duties as assigned at management discretion
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- High school diploma required
- High level of customer service
- Ability to respond to situations with professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Computer efficient
Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online job application.
Posted October 16, 2017
Consider a Career at Park Tudor
While there is no single formula for exceptional educators, great teaching at Park Tudor is founded on teachers who:
- Set clear and high standards for their students and who empower them to be independent and critical thinkers
- Are approachable, encouraging and foster genuine personal relationships with their students
- Are passionate about their work, are good role models, and enjoy working with young people inside and outside the classroom
- Are respectful of students and create a safe and caring classroom environment
- Are knowledgeable about their craft and their subject matter
- Are flexible in their approach and differentiate effectively in the classroom
- Are creative and employ a variety of methods to teach well
- Are lifelong learners who embrace new information, technologies and approaches to teaching
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues and parents
- Are collaborative and embrace opportunities to work with colleagues
- Are committed to the entire Park Tudor community and accountable for its results
- Why Teach at Park Tudor? Park Tudor School is a close-knit community with small class sizes, which makes it uniquely capable of providing students with individualized attention.
- Teachers know and care about their students and work to build relationships that encourage students to achieve their full potential.
- Teachers provide students with hands-on learning opportunities and encourage classroom discussions, teamwork and socialization with others.
- Independent private schools like Park Tudor encourage teachers to be creative and flexible. With more autonomy in the classroom, teachers are able to construct unique learning experiences for their students.
Park Tudor School offers a competitive compensation and benefit program, including:
- Health, prescription drug, vision and dental insurance
- Health care/dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Paid time off
- Professional development funds
- Group and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (TIAA-CREF 403b)
- Employee assistance program
Park Tudor is committed to professional development and budgets significant funds for this purpose. Opportunities include:
- Local and national conferences, workshops and classes to learn new skills and generate new ideas
- Laptop computer program
- Grants for graduate school and summer study
- A faculty award program, which provides grants to develop curriculum and to recognize outstanding work
- Park Tudor is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.