Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
The Director of Middle School is a full-time, twelve month position responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and guidance to all middle school faculty, students, and families. The middle school director sets the tone for the entire division, understands all constituencies, and reports directly to the Head of School.
Essential functions include the following.
- Serve as the primary leader of the middle school while modeling school values and supporting its mission and vision.
- Create a school climate that is safe, secure, and responsive to the needs of the middle school adolescent.
- Support, advise, and serve as a resource for middle school faculty and staff.
- Assess the staffing needs and monitor the hiring process for faculty and staff in the middle school.
- Conduct observations of teaching faculty and oversee evaluations, following the NAIS Principles of Good Practice for Teachers and Supervisors of Teachers.
- Collaborate with school leaders to ensure appropriate curricular decisions are executed throughout disciplines.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all budgets related to middle school activities.
- Review and approve all student grade reports and comments prior to publication.
- Ensure effective and timely communications amongst and between middle school faculty, students, and parents.
- Oversee the middle school schedule.
- Collaborate with the admissions staff by providing insight and recommendations on prospective candidates.
- Review standardized test scores to ensure necessary intervention and follow up.
- Attend middle school athletic, fine arts, and social activities.
- Attend all team meetings (usually by grade level), middle school student strategy meetings, and school leadership meetings.
- Maintain ongoing and responsive professional development opportunities for faculty.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
Experience: Experience working in school administration and/or positions of leadership preferred, 5-7 years teaching experience preferred.
- Independent school experience
- Experience working with middle school students
- Supervisory experience
- Classroom teaching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organization skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks/ projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision
- Ability to assess situations accurately for the function of good decision-making
- Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
- Must be proficient in core technological competencies
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Extensive professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com and complete the online job application.
Posted September 26, 2017
Park Tudor School is currently seeking a Locker Shop Coordinator in the school’s spirit store. This is a part-time position with work hours from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with occasional work hours during evening events (approx. 6 times per year). This position runs from early August through the end of May, with extra hours required at the beginning of the school year to prepare for opening.
- Managing the day-to-day operations and sales
- Completing sales transactions via computer sales program
- Balancing sales at the end of each day
- Stocking shelves and maintaining the store appearance
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Directing and managing volunteers
- Adding new products to inventory, printing price tags, and tagging merchandise
- Monitoring inventory, and providing appropriate notification for reorders
- Completing annual inventory
- Other duties as assigned at management discretion
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- High school diploma required
- High level of customer service
- Ability to respond to situations with professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Computer efficient
Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online job application.
Posted October 16, 2017
Consider a Career at Park Tudor
While there is no single formula for exceptional educators, great teaching at Park Tudor is founded on teachers who:
- Set clear and high standards for their students and who empower them to be independent and critical thinkers
- Are approachable, encouraging and foster genuine personal relationships with their students
- Are passionate about their work, are good role models, and enjoy working with young people inside and outside the classroom
- Are respectful of students and create a safe and caring classroom environment
- Are knowledgeable about their craft and their subject matter
- Are flexible in their approach and differentiate effectively in the classroom
- Are creative and employ a variety of methods to teach well
- Are lifelong learners who embrace new information, technologies and approaches to teaching
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues and parents
- Are collaborative and embrace opportunities to work with colleagues
- Are committed to the entire Park Tudor community and accountable for its results
- Why Teach at Park Tudor? Park Tudor School is a close-knit community with small class sizes, which makes it uniquely capable of providing students with individualized attention.
- Teachers know and care about their students and work to build relationships that encourage students to achieve their full potential.
- Teachers provide students with hands-on learning opportunities and encourage classroom discussions, teamwork and socialization with others.
- Independent private schools like Park Tudor encourage teachers to be creative and flexible. With more autonomy in the classroom, teachers are able to construct unique learning experiences for their students.
Park Tudor School offers a competitive compensation and benefit program, including:
- Health, prescription drug, vision and dental insurance
- Health care/dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Paid time off
- Professional development funds
- Group and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (TIAA-CREF 403b)
- Employee assistance program
Park Tudor is committed to professional development and budgets significant funds for this purpose. Opportunities include:
- Local and national conferences, workshops and classes to learn new skills and generate new ideas
- Laptop computer program
- Grants for graduate school and summer study
- A faculty award program, which provides grants to develop curriculum and to recognize outstanding work
- Park Tudor is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.